*Linux Administrator - Tier II
||Data Center Operations
||Kansas City, MO
||Skilled - Non-Managerial
||Director of Operations
||Tier II Linux Administration
LayeredTech is looking for talented, energetic Linux System Administrators capable of working in a fast paced environment. Responsibilities will include proactively and reactively managing systems for a variety of clients including some of the fastest growing and Fortune 500 companies in the world. Client environments will vary from single-server to complex, high availability, highly secure configurations spanning multiple technologies. Responsibilities will also include serving as second-level support, staying abreast of new technologies, and participating in an on-call schedule.
The Tier 2 Linux Administrator will act as the second level of escalation for Incident, Request and Change Management related to proactive monitoring, diagnosis, and resolution of incidents in a 24x7, fast paced, team orientated enterprise level Operations Center. The Tier 2 Linux Administrator will interface directly with Layered Tech clients, 3rd party vendors and internal resources to ensure a superior client experience.
- Deliver superior enterprise level client service through professional, comprehensive, and timely communication for all Incidents and Requests for Change
- Provide timely response, escalation, and resolution to promote the rapid restoration of services for all incidents
- Provide methodical and successful execution of client change requests
- Maintain network stability through advanced troubleshooting, timely resolution of client incidents, and proactive maintenance
- Ensure all internal systems and client environments are operational through the use of Network/System Monitoring
- Identify resolve and escalate issues according to procedural documentation and training
- Provide and obtain timely updates to/from relevant parties (internal and external)
- Manage incidents to resolution in a timely manner
- Monitor client and Infrastructure environments to quickly identify and resolve incidents
Other duties as assigned
- Previous enterprise, IT or service provider experience at Tier 2 or above level
- Ability to quickly adapt to advancing technologies and procedural changes
- Proven incident and problem solving (troubleshooting) skills with an emphasis on a timely resolution
- Ability to coordinate and communicate effectively with other technologists and business partners to maintain high service levels in a demanding environment
- Ability to work well in team environment
- Excellent verbal, written and analytical skills
- Hands on experience with one or more of the following:
- 5+ years’ experience installing, configuring, tuning, and managing Enterprise LinuxUnix environments (Redhat/CentOS/Solaris 10)
- 3+ years’ experience installing, configuring and tuning high-demand load-balanced web server clusters with Apache, PHP, and Virtual Hosting.
- 2+ years’ experience installing, configuring and tuning VMware cloud based solutions.
- 2+ years’ experience with backup and recovery at an enterprise-level. 9r1Soft, CommVault, Retrospect)
- 2+ years’ experience with Perl or shell scripting.
- 2+ years of Linux system performance tuning
- 2+ years’ experience of installing and maintaining critical monitoring systems measuring system performance.
- 2+ years with DNS, SMTP, transfer (SSH, SCP, Rsync), VMWare, Enterprise Storage solutions
- Experience analyzing systems from a security and performance perspective
- Have a good understanding of application integration into highly complex HA systems
- Familiar with Nagios monitoring tools
- Experience with Shell/Perl/Expect/PHP and/or other scripting languages, database administration, and/or web development technologies like HTML, XML, Java
- Familiarization with SAS-70 and ITIL guidelines and practices
Technical certifications in areas of expertise (Redhat, Linux, Cisco, Juniper, MS, ITIL, Nortel, Ciena)
Education / Experience
- Associates Degree or equivalent education in related fields / or 5 years’ experience in related field
- 3+ years’ experience working in IT Service Provider industry at enterprise level
- ITIL Foundation Training / Certification (Certification required for management roles)
Tier III Infrastructure Engineer