*Tier III ENGINEER (VMWare, Cloud)
||Exempt / Full-time
||Director of Infrastructure Services
Layered Tech is looking for talented, energetic open source engineer capable of working in a fast-paced environment. This is position requires advanced technical knowledge of the LinuxUnixSolaris Operating systems, the ability to work with of a team of senior technicians, and to provide assistance to the front line support teams. Responsibilities will include serving as senior technical support escalation point, leading complex projects, and generatingenforcing policy and procedures for the overall management of the LinuxUnix environments. The Infrastructure Services team manages large-scale infrastructure powering multi-client solutions, and is looking for engineers who can leverage automation tools to spur growth. Client environments will vary from single-server to complex, high availability, highly secure configurations spanning multiple technologies.
- Provides technical solutions and escalated support for non-routine, highly complex technical issues.
- Oversees and implements system upgrade and patching strategies.
- Develops and analyzes highly complex system standards, thresholds, and recommendations to maximize system performance. Initiates system performance reviews as appropriate.
- Conducts capacity planning and upgrade reviews with management.
- Initiates and implements improvements in all areas of the LinuxUnix environments.
- Identifies areas of improvement for internal processes, and generates possible solutions.
- On-call rotation and off hour call returns required.
- Coordinates with client management to formulate highly complex technical solutions. Identifies and implements solutions based on client needs.
- Provides technical leadership to internal and external personnel on highly complex system installation processes. Mentors and provides guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Leads the design, implementation, and maintenance of highly complex solutions.
- Coordinates activities with other technical personnel as appropriate.
- Develops and analyzes highly complex system standards, thresholds, and recommendations to maximize system performance. Initiates reviews as appropriate.
- Researches current systems technology and serves as subject matter expert on complex systems processes and procedures.
Ability to lead projects and multi-step tasks with minimal supervision.
- 5 + years’ experience managing Enterprise LinuxUnix environments (RedhatCentOSSolaris).
- 5 + years’ as a team lead.
- 2 + years’ experience directly managing other technicians.
- 3 + years’ experience installing, configuring and tuning high-demand load-balanced web server clusters with Apache, PHP, and Virtual Hosting.
- 2 + years’ experience of installing and maintaining critical monitoring systems measuring system performance.
- General familiarity with VMWare, SAN, and networking concepts.
- Experience analyzing systems from a security and performance perspective.
- Have a good understanding of application integration into highly complex HA systems.
Familiar with Nagios monitoring tools.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Linux Certifications Desirable