*Database Administrator - Oracle
||Kansas City, MO
||Skilled - Non-Managerial
As the Oracle DBA, you will be the go-to person for all Managed Databases instances. This activity includes the primary responsibility of the day-to-day DB maintenance and operation of Oracle environments to include performance diagnosis and tuning, operations monitoring, backups, application tuning, query tuning, troubleshooting, and application-level change control migration.
- Oracle Database administrator proactively monitors database management systems to prevent performance problems.
- Perform Oracle analysis and evaluate database performance to maximize efficiencies and take advantage of tuning opportunities.
- Work with and provide recommendations to application development teams to appropriately restructure data for maximum efficiency.
- Perform complex database maintenance such as, but not limited to, executing complex, corrective action database utilities, designing script structures, appropriately defining indexes, analyzing requirements, and designing database access paths to meet performance requirements.
- Interpret business and/or processrequirements and create physical database designs of moderate complexity. This may include multiple components of a system and/or a collection of tables for an application.
- Research and participate in the implementation of new database features.
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of physical database design.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex, high-severity issues and/or mentor less experienced associates.
- Identify, resolve, and/or escalate hosting issues according to procedural documentation and training
- Creative problem-solving to identify the source of problems
- Create or update documentation including network diagrams, procedures, and policies to ensure consistent support of client environments
- Through client consultation, realize growth opportunities for production client environments.
- Provide and obtain timely updates to/from relevant parties (internal and external)
- Execute strong Problem Management to reduce re-occurring incidents
- Provide consultative assistance to the Operations Center during off hours as needed
- Review system and network configurations with Implementations to ensure successful implementation of services into production
- Other duties as assigned
- 4 year degree or equivalent diploma and work experience
- 3+ years as an Oracle DBA using Oracle 9.x or later.
- Experienced using Linux operating systems for Oracle 9.x or later
- Oracle Software installation and new database setup
- Oracle DataGuard experience a plus
- Backup and recovery
- Performance monitoring and tuning
- PL/SQL Scripting experience
- Linux Shell scripting experience
- Experienced in Oracle Packages, Procedures, and Triggers
- Oracle client configurations including ODBC data sources
- 24x7 production environment experience
- Experience in administration of MYSQL and PostgreSQL Database servers a plus
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education in related fields /or 5 years’ experience in related field
- 5+ years’ experience working in IT Service Provider industry at enterprise level
- Current/Active Certifications