||Kansas City, MO
Layered Tech is looking for talented, energetic Virtualization Storage capable of working in a fast-paced environment. This is position requires advanced technical knowledge of VMWare and various virtualization systems, the ability to work with of a team of senior technicians, and to provide assistance to the front line support teams. Responsibilities will include serving as senior technical support escalation point, leading complex projects, and generatingenforcing policy and procedures for the overall management of the storage environments. The Virtualization Team pro-actively manages systems for a variety of clients, including some of the fastest growing Fortune 500 companies. Client environments will vary from single-server to complex, high availability, highly secure configurations spanning multiple technologies.
- Provides technical solutions and escalated support for non-routine, highly complex technical issues.
- Oversees and implements system upgrade and patching strategies.
- Develops and analyzes highly complex system standards, thresholds, and recommendations to maximize system performance. Initiates system performance reviews as appropriate.
- Conducts capacity planning and upgrade reviews with management.
- Initiates and implements improvements in all areas for the Virtual environments.
- Identifies areas of improvement for internal processes, and generates possible solutions.
- Coordinates with client management to formulate highly complex technical solutions. Identifies and implements solutions based on client and company needs.
- Provides technical leadership to internal and external personnel on highly complex system installation processes. Mentors and provides guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Leads the design, implementation, and maintenance of highly complex solutions.
- Coordinates activities with other technical personnel as appropriate.
- Develops and analyzes highly complex system standards, thresholds, and recommendations to maximize system performance.
- Initiates reviews as appropriate.
- Researches current systems technology and serves as subject matter expert on complex systems processes and procedures.
- On-call rotation and off hour call returns required.
- Ability to lead projects and multi-step tasks with minimal supervision.
- 5 + years’ experience managing large Enterprise VMware (ESXESXiVirtual Center) environments.
- 3 + years’ experience with VMWare performance tuning.
- 2 + years’ experience of installing and maintaining Virtual Platform monitoring systems measuring system performance and capacity.
- Experience with Fiber Channel and iSCSI technologies.
- Experience with Applogic or XEN preferred.
- Experience with NetApp. EMC, and Dell EquaLogic storage systems.
- General familiarity with Linux and Windows OS, and networking concepts.
- Experience analyzing systems from a security and performance perspective.
- Have a good understanding of highly complex HA systems (DRSVMotion).
- Familiar with Nagios monitoring tools.
- Familiar configuring a variety of server class hardware.
- Datacenter experience a plus.
Education / Experience
- VCP Certification
- Any other virtualization certifications desired.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.