*Product Architect & Engineer
||Product, Product Engineer
||Kansas City, MO; Plano, TX
||VP of Product Mgmt
Layered Technologies is a leading global provider of compliant hosting, managed hosting and on-demand virtualization/cloud computing services. By providing high-quality technology, infrastructure and support, Layered Tech enables clients to eliminate capital expenses and save on operating costs so they can focus on core business issues. Layered Tech’s scalable infrastructure powers millions of sites and Internet-enabled applications including e-commerce and software as a service (SaaS). Clients range from large enterprises with advanced data security, compliance and uptime requirements to leading-edge Web 2.0 startups.
Product Architect will be responsible for defining and delivering new IT infrastructure services to market and providing support to our sales and operations staff. This person will be a technical thought leader and technical project lead for cloud/virtualization, storage and other IaaS projects and driving engineering functional plans and service definition to bringing new services to market.
- Develop IaaS product strategies and roadmap collaboratively with product management
- Identify opportunities to develop intellectual property and/or differentiate Layered Tech from its target competition
- Own and manage engineering functional plan for Cloud and storage projects
- Work with SW development team to drive service automation
- Drive new Cloud/storage technology assessment and evaluation
- Interact with technology vendors and partners to assess new technologies
- Participate as a technical thought leader – contribute to whitepapers, events, BLOG, and other public forums
- Act as a technical resource to the field – train solutions engineering, participate in client demos, and develop new solutions to meet customer needs
- Act as a technical resource for operations/service desk – train, develop capacity management tools/ processes, help with 4th level escalations.
- Product pre-production testing and documentation
- Participate in new infrastructure implementations
- Participate cloud and IaaS strategy and planning
- Expert level understanding of virtualization and cloud OS (VMware VCloud, OpenStack,…) technologies
- Strong ability to lead new technology planning (eg. storage cloud) and implementation projects
- Competency in storage technologies with experience with NetApp and EMC
- Competency in file systems with experience with NFS/CIFS, object store
- Competency in disaster recovery topologies with experience with backup and data replication
- Competency in converged networks fabrics and network virtualization: iSCSI, FCoE, FC
- Strong knowledge of networking and security technologies
- Strong understanding of web application architectures and technologies.
- Strong understanding of database technologies including SQL, NoSQL and Big Data
- Knowledge of hyperscale architectures and distributed application frameworks (eg. hadoop)
- Project management experience
- Ability to effectively communicate / present advance technologies to both technical and business audiences
- Strong written / verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all departments in diverse locations to bring new services and products to market.
- Self-motivated, high energy and a strong work ethic.
Education / Experience
- BS degree IT technology related field (Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline)
- 10+ years product engineering or IT Infrastructure operation (virtualization and/or storage)
- Certification in one or more of the following: VMware, NetApp, or EMC