How HIPAA Compliant Hosting Can Benefit Your Business
For healthcare providers, health insurers, or healthcare-related SaaS providers, achieving and maintaining HIPAA compliance is a steep challenge. It's a challenge that must be met, since the costs of non-compliance can be substantial. For many organizations, the most efficient and effective way to attain HIPAA/HITECH compliance is to use a HIPAA compliant hosting service for IT workloads that involve electronic protected health information (ePHI).
HIPAA Compliant Hosting Benefits: Hosting vs On-Premise IT
To an extent, the benefits of HIPAA compliant hosting are the general benefits of using a hosting service for selected IT workloads rather than deploying and operating those workloads yourself, at your own facility. For example:
- Using a HIPAA compliant hosting service rather than hosting the systems yourself can spare your organization substantial capital expenditures.
- Using a HIPAA compliant hosting service for your ePHI-handling applications provides those applications with greater scalability than they would likely have if hosted on-premise.
- If you choose a hosting service that operates multiple data centers across various locations, then HIPAA compliant hosting can provide an easy way to build geo-redundancy and disaster recovery into your application architecture.
HIPAA Compliant Hosting Benefits: Becoming and Staying Compliant
Beyond the general benefits of using a hosting service for selected IT workloads, HIPAA compliant hosting can deliver substantial benefits specifically around attaining and maintaining compliance with HIPAA. For instance:
- By leveraging the experience and expertise of the right HIPAA compliant hosting provider, you gain greater assurance that you will remain in compliance with the complex and evolving HIPAA and HITECH regulations. You thereby sharply reduce the risks of non-compliance, which can entail heavy fines, criminal charges, and negative press.
- With the HIPAA IT compliance angle managed by well-prepared experts, your new or updated healthcare applications and services can come online faster.
- With the burden of HIPAA compliance substantially off-loaded to your hosting provider, you can be freed to focus on your core business instead of the latest edition of the CFR.
Layered Tech is the Compliant Hosting Specialist
Layered Technologies is a global leader in delivering managed hosting services that comply with the toughest regulatory standards including HIPAA, HITECH, PCI DSS, and FISMA. For our customers in highly regulated industries such as healthcare, we offer:
- World-class data centers, at locations across the U.S. and around the globe.
- Deep experience and expertise in compliant hosting, including HIPAA compliant hosting.
- Flexible service offerings, ranging from managed dedicated servers to HIPAA compliant cloud hosting.
- A 100% guarantee that IT workloads that we host for you will pass all HIPAA and HITECH audits.
Learn more about how you can benefit from Layered Tech's HIPAA compliant hosting.
Need Help Narrowing the Choices?
Talk to a HIPAA Compliance Expert